We have a while before Mother’s Day comes back around, but there’s never a bad time to treat your mom to something special – like a barbecue feast!
Stop by for breakfast, lunch, or dinner and enjoy some quality one-on-one time with the woman in your life at family-friendly Smokey Mo’s BBQ. Give her a day off from kitchen duty, with a delectable array of food she’ll love and the companionship she’s adored from Day 1 – yours!
It’s the Restaurant Industry’s Busiest Day
Mother’s Day draws more traffic to restaurants than any other day of the year – about 87 million diners, according to the National Restaurant Association. Here are a few other fun facts about moms to share with your mom:
- The American incarnation of Mother’s Day – always the second Sunday in May – was created in 1908 and became an official US holiday in 1914.
- The US has about 43.5 million moms. They’ve collectively mothered 95.8 million children.
- In almost every language, the word for mother begins with the letter M or is some version of the word ma. Why? It’s the first sound a baby can vocalize.
- One of the earliest celebrations of Mother’s Day was in ancient Greece when Rhea – goddess of fertility, motherhood, and generation – was celebrated in the spring.
- More phone calls are made on Mother’s Day than any other day of the year – around 122 million calls in the US alone.
- After Christmas and Hanukkah, more people buy flowers and plants for their moms on Mother’s Day than any other holiday. Time-honored flower for the occasion? The carnation.
Treat Your Mom to Smokey Mo’s
Delight your mom with Smokey Mo’s full spread: mouth-watering meats, scrumptious sides, and dazzling desserts. Celebrate her at one of our 16 central Texas restaurants – or make it a BBQ party at home with a Smokey Mo’s order from DoorDash or Uber Eats.
Join us next year – We’ll be handing out pink carnations to all moms on Mother’s Day!