‘Tis the season to be hosting! A holiday dinner party is one of the most awesome achievements you can claim as a host – but pulling it off can be a bear.
If you’re a busy person who loves to entertain but don’t have the time to make everything from scratch, why not get some help? Partner with a trusted caterer. You can count on the caterer for the main meal and add in your own special extras. Best of all, with someone else doing the cooking, you can leave the kitchen, join the party, and have as good a time as your guests are having.
Be the “host with the most” with these seven tips:
- Get set. Make a list and check it twice. Set the table. Put out the appetizers and drinks right before your guests arrive. Aim to serve dinner within an hour of party start time.
- Create a festive atmosphere. Light candles. Let the music play, but keep down the volume. Make your table warm and welcoming with a centerpiece of seasonal flowers.
- Welcome your guests’ gifts. Everybody likes to bring something to dinner. But don’t count too much on your guests’ offerings. Even the best of friends can forget – or show up late to the party. If it’s an essential item, like ice, you don’t want to be stranded.
- Think through seating. If your gathering is large – eight or more guests at the table – assigning seats with place cards may be a good idea. Consider the personalities in your mix. Who might click and who might clash? Seat guests compatibly.
- Clean up as you go. Start the party with an empty dishwasher and load dirty dishes along the way. Wake up to a clean kitchen, and you’ll have a jolly morning after.
- End with sweets. Dessert sends the message that the main meal is over and the party is winding down. Consider serving dessert away from the table, with coffee, in a different seating area. A slice of warm pie topped with ice cream is always a crowd pleaser.
- Go with the flow. Sit down, breathe easy, and relish the moment. Know that nothing will be perfect, ever. Stuff happens. Chill out and be grateful for your unique knack for bringing people together.
Let Smokey Mo’s do the holiday cooking for you!
Smokey Mo’s makes your holiday dinner party stress free. Pick up a full dinner – or let us bring it to you! Start with our scrumptious 12- to 14-pound smoked turkey for only $44.95 – cooked to perfection and ready to carve. Each turkey serves eight to 10 guests. For a special holiday twist, add in a bottle of our famous BBQ sauce.
Plus, you can purchase an array of traditional sides, from green beans to cream corn and buttered potatoes – available by the pint, quart, and gallon. Top off your meal with our delicious pumpkin or pecan pie!
With Smokey Mo’s at your service, you can relax, enjoy your guests, and create a fun – and carefree! – holiday party.